Thursday, November 15, 2007

Bathroom Makeover For Under $30

Here is the only before picture-- white walls--border on the walls and also on the mirror & switch plates. No decor, very plain. Thank you Mom for painting, and for the idea to paint a border around the mirror.


After.
Paint- $13


Canvas for "love" passage- $5
plate from Target- the inspiration for the black&white accents- $3




little black shelf- $5
I had the square canvas already, and the paint on hand.





black spray paint for the light fixture, I already had on hand.


Then- as a stroke of pure genius, Dave brings me this roll of b&w paper from his trip. He had no idea about the bathroom- or the fact that I wanted this exact type of paper to cover boxes for the stuff on the shelves (in the baskets). I will add more pics tomorrow of the shelves with customized storage boxes covered in this fabulous paper. He must read my mind :) He also got me that red shirt from Old Navy- good job, darlin.

Total money spent- $26.oo

18 comments:

Sarah: said...

You are so fabulous, Sara--I think you may be one of my heroes. :-)
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the black and white accents--usually I do not like them, but with that periwinkle color, it is beautiful.
How fun to do it with your mom, too!
When are you coming to my house?.....:-)

tacky said...

I love love love this redo!!! You need to do a show on redoing a room for under $50.00! Forget the $500.00 shows! Kari

Morning Rose said...

Wow, what a transformation! It looks fabulous, and to think it only cost $26. Wow!!

Emilia said...

this is like magic! you are amazing!

Pam said...

Looks great! My favorite part is that Dave happened to show up with coordinating paper!!!

dhuntman said...

Hey Sara,

I tried to leave a comment the other day, I see that it did not post!? Anyhow, I just wanted to let you know I received all of my products. I LOVE them!! They are all just adorable and incredibly inspirational. Thank you so much. I have been sending the cards out this month for Thanksgiving. Everyone wants to know where and how I got the PRECIOUS notecards. Is it alright if I share your site??? I would LOVE to spread the "GOOD NEWS"!!! Sara, again THANKS and I look forward to more of your fantastic creations!!!

Warmly, Angela

Jennifer said...

want to come do mine?

Sara Mincy said...

Angela, Thanks for the comment- I am glad you got them and that you like them! That is so encouraging!! Yes, please tell them about my site :)

Marianna said...

Very cute!

Tip Junkie said...

Great job! I love the black and white.

Fee said...

That is absolutely amazing girl!! I LOVE it! I have just bookmarked this site for a definate re-visit... very soon!

The Martinez Family (JAM) said...

I love it Sara you are just too orginal--- You do inspire me to do the rest of my house!!!

LOVE it
Jessie

S&s said...

I love the black and white--and the lavender with it. It looks wonderful. Wish our black & white bathroom had cost $26!!!!!!!! ;) Good for you;)

Stephanie said...

Artsy designer bathroom: priceless

Victorious1 said...

Oh my goodness... What an inspiration you are!

Oh, if I only had the talent of your little pinky!

Enjoy your "new" room! Oh - and your mom being there too.

~Vicki

Jeremy and Amy said...

I love it, Sara! Way to go!

lil texan said...

AWESOME job on the bathroom! i love it!!

nicole said...

Superbe! I would love you to come and give life to my bathroom!!