Thursday, October 11, 2007

Portraits of a Polka-Dot Pitcher

My artsy friend, Val made my whole day when she brought this little pitcher to church for me last night. She found this little treasure in a New Jersey thrift shop.

I cannot describe how happy these polka-dots make me. I have been examining my motives and wondering if such a love of polka-dots is somehow wrong....and I think I have it under control in the fact that I understand that these little trinkets cannot be taken with me when I die! In fact, I will be so happy in heaven that I won't even think about this little pitcher that I had to leave behind. I believe that I will be sitting at Jesus' feet, worshipping Him and wondering at His beauty....



But now, since I am not in heaven yet....I will keep on admiring His beauty down here on earth...and keep on being thankful for my friends who find these little trinkets that can brighten our days.

4 comments:

gailsgarden said...

That is ADORABLE!!! Val has your number!

The Mouse said...

That pitcher is so darn cute! I have an unabashed love of polka dots - embrace it! Celebrate it!

Polka dots are great!!!

Morning Rose said...

The pitcher is adorable, especially against the red polka dot plate. I've been reading Randy Alcorn's "Heaven" and he believes that culture (writings, art, etc.) that glorify God will carry over for eternity. Thus, you may see polka dots again. :)

Pam said...

Oh, what a sweet friend! The last time I was at Goodwill, I kept seeing things with polka dots and thinking, "Sara would like that...and that...and that!"