Monday, September 17, 2007

My Fridge

My good friend Steph had a cute post about her fridge and what do our fridges say about us. So here is our's. I love it because it is a hand-me-down from Gigi. So it reminds me of her and Pops....I also like it better than the old smelly one that we used to have- even after I painted it! Oh and the great thing about this fridge (which Gigi pointed out to me) is that you can see your reflection and check if you slip is showing, etc! That is a great attribute in a fridge!!

Anyway, I have some of my favorite pictures taped up and also favored drawings. I love the one that my oldest drew when he was 3, of me- "picking up sticks". The pictures are mostly of the boys, one of my baby in her first pair of jeans (I'll always keep those little bell bottoms!), and a favorite of Dave and I.

To answer Steph's question, "what does my fridge say about me?"- I like to be in control- I like my pictures to be taped up neatly and straight- no one else is ever allowed to tape anything on there.... Uh-oh- I think I need to work on this.

Maybe I will let the kids tape up whatever they want.....or maybe not....here are some pictures of what their walls look like....and the tape dispenser is also taped to the wall.

8 comments:

Morning Rose said...

I'd be too embarrassed to post a picture of my fridge. ;) It is cluttered with magnets, chip clips, drawings, photos, etc. I let the boys add things and move the magnets around. Most of my house is clutter-free, but not the fridge.

My boys also like to tape up their drawings all over the walls and doors. I hadn't thought about taping the tape up too. What a good idea! That way the tape doesn't get lost. :)

gailsgarden said...

Aha! I can see your feet and legs reflected in the fridge!

Kim - ScrapToMyLu said...

Sara, I have picked you for my feature today! Please let all your readers know about it. :)
Todays Creative Blog
http://todayscreativeblog.blogspot.com

Becka said...

I love the idea that my fridge may reveal something about me. I instantly even knew what it was, and I think I will blog about it tomorrow. Thank you for sharing!

Steph said...

Yeah, another fridge! Okay - Gary would LOVE it if I kept our fridge that neat! LOL I attempted to but between Isaiah's redecorating and Elijah's love to post up his new art work... well, let's just say that a messy ALWAYS has an excuse!
I love the boys walls too - self expression is so fun to watch as these little guys get bigger.

Pam said...

I'm with Morning Rose. I really need to clean it up. My HB always gets mad when he opens the door and stuff falls on the floor!

Splaneyo said...

Your blog is darling - I love all of the colors!
Heather

restyled home said...

What a cool mum you are to let your kids tape their art on the wall...all by themselves (love the tape dispenser kept handy!). Your blog is gorgeous and I love the way you have made colour a part of your life! I bet you're a fun mum, too...

Thanks for stopping by,
Linda